For B.Tech in Marine engineering schools in Tamil Nadu, it has over 15 totally different schools. Marine engineering specializes within the design, functioning, mechanism, and operations of various naval devices.
1. Indian Institute of Expertise Madras, Chennai
- IIT Madras was based in 1959 and was recognised because the third institute beneath the ‘Institute of Expertise Act’ (1961).
- The institute offers B.Tech, M.Tech, Twin diploma, and Ph.D. programmes for the scholars.
- The Institute offers programs like Naval Structure & Ocean Engineering, Aerospace, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Laptop Science, and Metallurgy engineering.
- The course charge for Naval Structure & Ocean engineering is round Rs 1.14 lakhs yearly and has round 66 seats.
- The scholars should clear the JEE mains to qualify for IIT Madras.
- 22 firms made 123 placement provides to the scholars in 2020. In 2019, 126 pre-placement provides and 890 college students had been provided totally different placements.
- Numerous MNCs like Texas Devices, ISRO, Uber, Microsoft, and Qualcomm go to the school yearly.
2. Sri Venkateswara School of Engineering, Kanchipuram
- SVCE was based in 1985 by Sri Venkateswara Instructional and Well being Belief. The faculty is affiliated with Anna College.
- The faculty offers levels like B.Tech/BE, M.Tech/ME diploma, and Ph.D. levels.
- The faculty offers programs like Marine Engineering, Civil, Laptop Science, Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical, Biotechnology, IT, and Synthetic Intelligence.
- The course charge for Marine engineering is Rs 1.5 lakhs yearly.
- The scholars for Marine Engineering are chosen primarily based on their Class 12 marks. The scholars have to attain an mixture of 45% to qualify for the engineering course.
- The common wage is Rs 4.7 lakhs yearly.
- Numerous MNCs like L&T, Ashok Leyland, Cognizant, Amazon, Bosch, and Coromandel Engineering go to the school yearly.
3. Hindustan Institute of Maritime Coaching (HIMT), Chennai
- HIMT was based in 1998 and recognised by the Ministry of Delivery, India. It’s affiliated with Indian Maritime College.
- The faculty offers levels like B.Tech, BSc, DGS-approved post-sea programs, UK MCA-approved programs, and DGS-approved pre-sea programs.
- The faculty offers programs like Marine Engineering, Nautical Science, Graduate marine engineering, port sea programs, and varied long-term and short-term programs.
- The course charge for Marine Engineering is Rs 3 lakhs yearly with the supply for scholarships.
- The scholars for Marine Engineering are chosen primarily based on their Class 10 and 12 marks. As well as, the scholars have to attain an mixture of 60% in PCM and a minimal of fifty% in English.
- The chosen college students should clear the IMUCET examination. The chosen college students bear a private interview spherical adopted by a medical spherical.
- Over 80% of scholars have been getting positioned yearly. Practically 80% of the marine college students of the 2020 batch had already been positioned, and the method remains to be beneath course of.
- Numerous MNCs like MOL, PIL, BSM, VR Maritime Companies Pvt Ltd., TCI seaways, Wilhelmsen Ship administration go to the school yearly.
4. Coimbatore Marine School, Coimbatore
- Coimbatore Marine School was based in 2001 and recognised by the Ministry of Delivery, India. It’s affiliated with Indian Maritime College.
- The faculty offers levels like B.Tech, BSc, BBA, MBA, Diploma, and different certification programs.
- The faculty offers Marine Engineering, Nautical Science, Graduate marine engineering, logistics & delivery, Marine ETO, and varied long-term and short-term programs.
- The full course charge for Marine Engineering is round Rs 11 lakhs.
- The scholars should clear the IMU CET examination and mixture 60% in PCM in Class 12. As well as, the chosen college students ought to clear the medical spherical.
- Numerous MNCs like SeaTeam Administration, ASP, d’Amico, Synergy group go to the school yearly.
Numerous engineering schools are offering Marine engineering in Tamil Nadu. A few of the top-ranked schools as per placements have been mentioned intimately.