Being an artwork pupil, I’ve at all times had a particular place for historic gadgets, archeological constructions, and museums. Additionally, rising up, I heard so much about some well-known museums in Delhi from my grandfather, and this was why once I shifted to Delhi for my masters, the very first thing I did was guide an reasonably priced cab service in Delhi to tour the well-known Delhi museums.
In case you didn’t know already, Delhi has ceaselessly remained dwelling to a few of the nation’s best collections of museums and galleries. Boasting spectacular treasures and reminiscing India’s vibrant cultural heritage, museums in Delhi are a must-visit if you’re a historical past fanatic like me and love realizing about India’s historical past and its gradual transition over a number of centuries.
So let me now stroll you thru a few of the well-known museums I visited in Delhi and which can be price visiting in your subsequent Delhi journey.
1. Nationwide Museum
The Nationwide Museum is among the largest and most well-known museums in Delhi. Flaunting greater than 200,000 worldwide and Indian artworks, this museum holds a wealthy cultural heritage that dates again to five,000 years.
Additionally, this well-known museum in Delhi stays dwelling to a variety of departments that embrace manuscripts, archeology, work, prehistory archeology, arms and armor, and plenty of extra.
- Location- Janpath, New Delhi
- Timings- 10 AM to six PM (Closed on each Monday)
- Entry fee- INR 20 for Indian residents and INR 650 for overseas vacationers(Faculty college students get free entry ticket)
2. Nationwide handicraft and handloom museum
Extensively widespread because the Nationwide Crafts Museum, the Nationwide Handicraft and Handloom Museum is amongst the biggest crafts museums in Delhi that I beloved visiting.
Run by the Indian Ministry of Textile, this museum holds round 35000 distinguishing craft items that mirror the extraordinary dexterities and craftsmanship of Indian craftspersons by means of work, embroidery, wooden and stone craft gadgets, textiles, and clay.
- Location- Pragati Maidan, Bhairon Marg
- Timings- 10 AM to five PM (Closed on each Monday)
- Entry fee- INR 1 for Indian college students, INR 10 for Indian residents, and INR 150 for overseas vacationers
3. Nationwide Rail Museum
The Nationwide Rail Museum stays centered fully on India’s rail ancestry. This museum has an out of doors and indoor exhibition of a toy practice journey that guests can take pleasure in daily.
Residence to a mesmerizing assemblage of greater than 100 reveals of the majestic Indian Railways, right here you’ll at all times discover stationary and dealing practice fashions, vintage furnishings, and historic pictures.
- Location- Chanakyapuri
- Timings- 9 AM to five:30 PM (Closed on each Monday)
- Entry fee- INR 50 for Indian adults, INR 10 for teenagers between 3 to 12 years. Fees can go a bit increased on weekends and authorities holidays.
4. Nationwide Gallery of Fashionable Artwork
Being a outstanding artwork gallery run by the Indian Ministry of Tradition, the Nationwide Gallery of Fashionable Artwork is among the largest trendy artwork museums globally, with over 14000 artworks by well-known and reputed Indian and overseas artists having widespread acclaim.
- Location- Jaipur Home, Shershah Highway
- Timings- 11 AM to six PM (Closed on Mondays and nationwide holidays)
- Entry fee- INR 20 for Indian residents and INR 500 for overseas vacationers. Pupil entry stays freed from price
With Delhi being the nation’s capital, it stays dwelling to numerous distinctive museums that you simply can’t afford to overlook visiting. So, subsequent time you intend to go to Delhi, guide a taxi by means of a dependable cab reserving app and witness these well-known museums, and be shocked with India’s wealthy cultural and historic heritage like I did.